What is railcar management software and what can it do for Rail Shippers?
For rail shippers or car owners who want end to end visibility of their rail shipments, RSVP acts as a central data hub, turning information from railroads into actionable insights that save our customers time and money managing their rail network.
One approach shippers are taking to better manage their shipments in this new era of railroading is to implement supply chain visibility and management software. ICL offers software and 3PL services that can help shippers reduce the cost and complexity in shipping by rail.
Download our ebook to learn:
- What is a railcar tracking system, and is it different from a rail TMS?
- What ROI you can expect from implementing a railcar tracking system
- Which technical and business needs should be considered when selecting a provider or analyzing an in-house option
Railcar Tracking and Management Made Simple
- Automated exception alerts
Spend time resolving problems, instead of looking for them.
- Smarter ETAs
Fixed standards don’t match reality for rail transport.
- Pipeline management
At a glance view of your entire rail network.
- Customized, scheduled email reports
All the information your customers need to track their in-bound railcars.
- Demurrage module
Everything you need to manage and audit demurrage in centralized data center.
Prepare presentation-ready KPI reports in minutes.
- Team collaboration in one place
Access from any location, any device, without any hardware installation.
- See the full picture
End-to-end visibility across all your rail partners in one location.
Learn what we can do for you
What Makes Us Different
What Can RSVP Do For Rail Shippers
Looking for something custom?
Because we are a software company and do all development in house, we can accommodate your custom business needs.
We offer products and services that meet the needs for many different areas of the logistics industry
- In-Transit Tracking Updates
- Real Time Location
- Railcar Shipment History
- Pipeline & Last Mile Visibility
- Railcar Tracking Information
- Shipment Waybill Information
- Bad Order Information
- Dynamic ETA
- Transit Time Analytics
- Performance Metrics
- Route Management
- Ability To Customize, Save And Schedule Reports
- Ability To Create Hotlists
- Ability To Flag Exceptions
- Ability To Add Comments
- Demurrage Estimator
- BOL Creator Tool
How to Use Railcar Management Software to Reduce Demurrage and Storage Fees
One of the most significant changes that shippers face due to the adaption of precision scheduled railroading (PSR) has been increased demurrage and storage fees. PSR supporters argue that the increased costs incentivize shippers to off-load their freight and turn around rail cars quickly. This can reduce dwell times and improve overall service, even though sometimes receivers cannot always respond to faster transit times, resulting in demurrage and storage.
Download our whitepaper to learn:
- Where, when, and why you pay demurrage when using railroad-owned cars or storage on privately controlled fleets
- How to avoid errors in manual reporting
- How to find real-time insight on freight and how this can lead to better cost management
Frequently asked questions
RSVP is a subscription-based software as a service. There is no cost to purchase or install the software.
Typical fee structures are a per railcar fee, based on the volume and complexity of your shipping network. A fixed monthly fee is also possible.
There is no user limit for RSVP. Number of users required will be discussed prior to onboarding.
The RSVP ETA engine provides an original ETA, the railway provided current ETA, and the RSVP calculated current ETA.
Our ETA algorithms are dynamic, reacting to the current trend in railway performance and day of week operating schedules, as opposed to fixed standards. And because the ETA is recalculated at every station and with every event, or, lack of movement, it doesn't become stale.
Our ETA engine is scrubbed daily for outliers that impact data quality.